June 06, 2011

Hiillsong United Concert ‘Aftermath’ in Manila Philippines


I know the Christian band Hillsong United and I’m no new to their brand of music, but just these couple of years that I’ve got interest to their songs when I joined our Praise and Worship team. I have no idea about their upcoming concert tour here in Manila for their latest album ‘ Aftermath’, yet it so happened my fellow youth bought us some tickets. Three of us, my sister, my cousin and me watched Hillsong United Concert for the first time and it was worth it.

The Hillsong United concert was….. I don’t know how to put words to describe how amazing the concert and magnificent the experience was.

That night (June 2) at their concert I’ve witness firsthand with my own eyes a huge crowd in unison praising and singing. The Araneta Coliseum as if transformed into a mega church and the Hillsong United band served as our Praise and Worship team. Everyone was singing, praising and chanting as one. I couldn’t imagine that there is really a gigantic mass of Christians here in our country came together and can jam-packed as big as the Araneta Coliseum to exalt one God , the Creator of Heaven and the Earth.

During the concert my sister even asked me if there was an earthquake, because we felt the flooring where we’re standing was trembling. I tell you, once you’re there you can’t contain the energy also that was building up minute by minute, you will definitely jump and shout too. Like every Christian present that night I was also singing at the top of my lungs. And it felt good because you’re doing it with people who have the same desire as you to see Hillsong United band up close and personal singing your favourite Christian song. Before the concert ended in Araneta Coliseum, there was a clamour from the crowd requesting the Hillsong United to sing one of their track ‘One Way’. Then the place suddenly got dark. And suddenly the stage lighted up with the simultaneous playing of ‘One Way’ song, so the crowd got energized once again.


Though our body was drained of energy yet our hearts were filled with renewed faith. I personally felt the blessing of God and answered prayer. Thanks to Hillsong United.

UNITED's newest album AFTERMATH i a thoughtful collaboration that reflects every season of life. Songs that come from deep places, the highs and lows of the Christian journey.
1 Take Heart                                       
2 Go      
3 Like An Avalanche                         
4 Rhythms Of Grace          
5 Aftermath
6 B.E. Interlude   
7 Bones                
8 Father                
9 Nova  
10 Light Will Shine             
11 Search My Heart          
12 Awakening     
13 Search My Heart (Radio Version)             

"The message of Jesus Christ is eternal, yet He continues to reveal Himself in new ways... giving us what we need to be followers and disciples of Christ for this time in history..Life with God is fun, its an adventure, it is grace, freedom, peace and everything in between. Whether you are listening to our newest album or our very first, our prayer and passion is that you are empowered to live life with God, encouraged to stay on the course and excited about all that He has for your future." - Joel


No comments:

Post a Comment