April 25, 2009

Manny Pacquiao vs Ricky Hatton " The Battle of East and West. "



On May 2, 2009, in MGM Grand Las Vegas is the most awaited boxing fight, " The Battle of East and West ", between Filipino star Manny Pacquiao vs British slugger Ricky Hatton. With just a little over a week remaining, the ticket is already sold out announced by promoters. With this development, Bob Arum of Top Rank Promotion said the Pacquiao-Hatton fight will likely shatter existing pay-per-view records.

Freddie Roach, Manny Pacquiao's coach, assures that Pacquiao (48-3-2, 38 KOs) is already in top shape, though Manny Pacquiao skipped training at the Wild Card Gym when Pacquiao invited to throw the ceremonial pitch in the Giants-Padres match at the AT&T ballpark.

“Again, it’s the best thing in the world for him. I look at it as a good thing. I have a guy who’s ready to fight. If I have a guy who wasn’t ready and I was kind of pushing to get him to where I wanna be, then I would be worried,” said Roach.

As opposed to Freddie Roach assurance, Ricky Hatton (45-1, 32 KOs) is not convinced in Pacquiao being a “complete fighter,” saying it just takes proper adjustment to beat the current pound-for-pound king.

“But I think you get adjusted to this style — I don't see a versatile fight in Manny Pacquiao,” Hatton
continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment